thank you for YOUR passion for education & character!
Join us for an upcoming CharacterStrong Training
As promised, here is your 40 Week Staff CharacterDare!
CharacterStrong in Western & Eastern, WA
We will be hosting our signature 2-Day Training, "Creating a Culture That Cares," in Lake Stevens and Tri-Cities August 18-19.
Join us for immersive, 2-day model that goes in-depth on weaving character and social-emotional skills into your classrooms and campus culture.
Advisory Curriculum (MS) - Samples
- Grade 6, L11: Growth Mindset – Part One
- Grade 7, L03: Introduce the CharacterDare
- Grade 7, L22: Community Building – Compliment Creations
- Grade 8, L10: Observing vs Describing
- Grade 8, L17: Empathy – Part One
Advisory Curriculum (HS) - Samples
- Grade 9, L03: Personality vs Character
- Grade 10, L09: Emotional Intelligence – Motivation
- Grade 10, L18: Growth Mindset – Multiple Perspectives
- Grade 11, L11: Civil Discourse – Types of Communication
- Grade 12, L22: Life List Introduction
John Norlin: Infusing Character and Social Emotional Learning into the Daily Fabric of your School
Leadership is all about relationships. We MUST put our focus here if we want all students to be successful. Put your focus on the little things (relationships) and the big things (school culture) get better.
Everyone needs Character Development. If all we do is focus on end of the year test scores we are only giving students 30%-50% of what they need to be successful.
We need to ask the Question That is Not Getting Asked, which is, “What Are You Doing For Others Today?” We must, implicitly and explicitly, infuse this into the daily fabric of our school with both students and adults if we want the ideal school culture.
Great educators S.E.R.V.E.: Start Intentionally, Engage Relationally, Respond with Empathy, Values Practiced Daily, and Exit Intentionally.
Quiet - Susan Cain
Grit - Angela Duckworth
Daring Greatly - Brene Brown
The Servant - James C. Hunter
Character Compass - Scott Seider
The Power of Habit - Charles Duhigg
The Road to Character - David Brooks
Mindset: The New Psychology of Success - Carol Dweck
The World’s Most Powerful Leadership Principle - James C. Hunter