Soul Pancake conducts an experiment in which volunteers are told to describe the most influential person in their life. The volunteers then are asked to call the person they thought of and read their description. The study demonstrates the the difference it makes in their measured happiness by having the subjects take a test before and after the experiment.
- What about the results of this experiment might be considered paradoxical?
- What difference does gratitude make in a relationship?
- What holds us back from expressing gratitude towards those we appreciate?
- If love is a verb, and we fail to express our gratitude towards those we love, do we really love them?
- Who is someone you need to thank? (follow up with an activity encouraging students to write notes of appreciation)