Princess Isabelle (Sophie Marceau) begs William (Mel Gibson) to swear allegiance to England, but his honor will not allow him to. This clip aids in understanding that to live means more than just going through the motions of everyday life. To live is to stand for a belief and go out of your way to do something extraordinary for someone else.
- In the movie William decides to not beg for mercy from the king and instead remain loyal to his country. Why would he not choose to save himself?
- What does William mean when he says “Every man dies – Not every man really lives”?
- Can you name anyone that you feel has really lived or is really living? What makes them really live?
- For some people truly living means leaving a lasting legacy while for others to live is to work outside of their comfort zone. What does living mean to you?
- How are you going to really live?